We are dedicated to providing the highest level of care in a compassionate environment. Our vision is to make your child's medical needs our priority. We will take care of your child from the time they are born through adolescence, including childhood illness, preventive care, immunizations, sports and school physicals.
In addition to regular pediatric care,
- We offer specialized appointments for high-risk neonates(premature infants)
- Some medically complex patients require extra attention. We provide a care coordinator who helps qualify for Synagis (Palivizumab) and appointments with specialists.
- We have a co-management agreement with Carolina Counseling to provide mental health/substance abuse treatment and care coordination for our patients.
- We offer sensitive teenage gynecological examinations
- Offer appointments for parents with overseas adoption and travel examinations.
As mentioned in our mission statement, we are dedicated to providing the highest level of care in a compassionate environment. We do periodic re-evaluations of the quality of care we provide to our patients. Through the patient satisfaction surveys we learn how we are doing and where we can further excel our services. These SCORES
are based on the responses received from over 300 active patients in 2016. We appreciate your feedback!
I have been in practice for over 25 years in the Concord area. I am board certified in Pediatrics and have a fellowship in Neonatology (care of premature and high risk infants). I did my Residency and Fellowship at Westchester County Medical Center, affiliated with the New York Medical College.
My husband Ravi and I have a son pursuing MD/PhD program. He recently completed PhD in Neurosciences at Stanford University. Our daughter is UNC Chapel Hill graduate and is currently working in a Charter School Organization in New York City.
I love taking care of children and enjoy being with them. Children always come first and I firmly believe in their rights to quality health care, both physical and mental.
The physical, cognitive and emotional development happens during the early years of life and I feel privileged to be able to influence these formative years. I firmly believe in forming a strong relationship with the patients and their families.
Hemant Prakash, MD
I graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill School of Medicine and returned to my home state, Kentucky, to complete residency at Kosair Children.s Hospital in Louisville. I am board certifiedin Pediatrics. My family moved in 1992. I practiced in a large group setting for nine years. Then I had the opportunity to take a two year /mommy hiatus.. Those two years were the most rewarding and challenging of my career. My husband and I have four wonderful children. I returned to medicine with a renewed appreciation of family and community. Our family is active in youth sports, church and volunteer work. I joined Dr. Prakash at Concord Children.s Clinic in 2003, because of the personal, compassionate, and quality care provided by everyone in this office. It is an honor and privilege to participate in the care of your children.
Julia Blevins Richards MD
I am excited to be a part of Concord Children's Clinic team. I received my Master in Science of Nursing from Duke University and am a board certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner. Prior to joining the clinic, I worked at Duke University on the Pediatric Bone Marrow transplant unit. My husband and I are both Wake Forest University alumni and enjoy attending their football and basketball games. We have three daughters Hannah, Avery, and Quinn who keep us very active.
Colleen Hibbert MSN, RN, CPNP
I am delighted to become part of the Concord Children's family. I graduated from The University of North Carolina-Charlotte with my Master's degree in Nursing and am a board certified Family Nurse Practitioner. I have worked with children throughout my entire nursing career, first in acute care Pediatrics and most recently caring for newborns at Carolinas Healthcare System-Northeast. I am originally from New York and moved to North Carolina with my family 9 years ago. My husband and I have four amazing boys; Noah, Nicholas, Logan and Ryan. Our boys keep us pretty busy with their involvement in various sporting venues. As a family we enjoy traveling, swimming and watching the Panthers! My heart has always been in Pediatrics and I am looking forward to sharing my passion with you and your family.
Nicole Cottone MSN,APRN,CFNP
I am so excited to have an opportunity to care for children and families in and around Cabarrus County. I have worked in Pediatric Intensive Care for the majority of my 20 + years as a Registered Nurse. As a Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner I am looking forward to teaching health promotion and prevention strategies that will positively influence the growth and development of your children. My husband and I have two older sons that grew up in Cabarrus County and live in the area. I am blessed to have a one-year-old granddaughter whom I enjoy spending my free time with.
Debbie Clark, PNP
NEW PATIENT INFO. & FORMS
AUTISM SCREENING FORMS
|1 day||In Hospital||Hepatitis B|
|2 weeks ||Exam:|| |
|1 month ||Exam:|| |
|2 months||Exam:||(Dtap,IPV, HIB)-Pentacel,Hep B,Prevnar,Rotateq|
|4 months||Exam: ||(Dtap,IPV, HIB)-Pentacel,Prevnar,Rotateq|
|6 months||Exam: ||(Dtap, IPV, HIB)-Pentacel,Hep B,Prevnar,Rotateq|
|9 months||Exam: ||No vaccines if up to date|
|12 months||Exam: ||MMR,Varivax,Prevnar,HepA |
|15 months||Exam: ||Dtap, Hep A |
|18 months||Exam: ||Dtap 2nd Hep A|
|2 years ||Exam:||No vaccines if up to date|
|3 years ||Exam:||No vaccines if up to date|
|4-5 years||Exam: ||(Dtap & polio)-Kinrix, MMR, Varicella|
|11 years||Tdap, Menactra|
Gardasil (HPV) vaccine is offered to all girls and boys 12 years and above. This vaccine is given in a series of three, the second given two months from the first and the last one given twelve weeks later.
We recommend yearly physicals for children ages 2-5/6 and then every other year until they reach puberty. It is then recommended that teenagers have yearly physicals.
State vaccines are administered for those immunizations that are required for entrance into school or college. However, there are several vaccines that are both state and private that are not required but are recommended for the health of your child. These vaccines are Prevnar, Rotateq, Menactra, Gardasil and Hep A.
If you have insurance then private vaccines will be given in these four instances. If your insurance does not cover the cost of these private vaccines then it becomes your responsibility to inform us so that state vaccines can be given instead.
There is also an administration fee included on your bill for every vaccine given. If your insurance does not cover that fee then you will be billed for that amount.
Patient Portal Registration Steps Clinic now offers the opportunity to access medical records and other functions. First, you must register:
- Visit the Clinic. Clinic authenticates one parent via Driver's License or Passport (government issued photo ID), work ID is not acceptable.
- Clinic emails a unique PIN for each child to the parent's registered email address.
- With this info:
- Go to the clinic website www.ConcordChildrensClinic.com. Link is provided for the Patient Portal.
- On the Log in screen of the patient portal click as "New User." On the next screen, "User Registration Screen" type in your information. You will need the Practice Supplied PIN which is the unique # associated with each of patient in our practice to register in the portal. This PIN is case sensitive.
- Our EHR system verifies your entered information: pin #'s and patient's association; will not proceed if the information does not match.
- Next, parent sets a user ID (preferably registered email), a password and a pin (for enhanced security). This completes the registration.
- You can now access information via your user ID (email address), your password and your pin (defined by you in previous step ).
- Once the child reaches the 18th birthday, parent access is suspended. The "adult" child needs to come to the clinic: register for self-access or authorize their parent.
Take me to the portal